Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Unemployment Letter

My uemployment claim is being disputed. ::sigh:: So, today I had to write letters and explain what happened. I will post a copy of this letter so you can see what I said and I will be sure to let you know what they tell me in response. I think that I did a pretty good job stating my case.

To Whom It May Concern:


I was fired on 6 July 2007 by Velma, the Personnel Manager. I was told that I was being fired because for attendance reasons as I had been out sick. My last day of work was according to them, 20 June 2007. I had gone to see my doctor May Antone at 28500 Southfield, Suite 200, Lathrup Village, Mi. 48076 on 25 June 2007. I then went back to Wal Mart and spoke with Velma and got medical leave of absence paperwork to be filled out by my doctor. I received a coaching for attendance before I was fired on 19 June 2007 for attendance because I was really ill and wanted to go home early because I was dizzy and vomiting. I never was written up, I never saw a write up and I never signed a write up for anything in all the time I was at Wal Mart. I was never asked to resign instead of being fired. I was not quitting this job and as far as I know no one else has been fired for attendance. I was last absent on 22-25 June 2007. After that on the schedule it says that I was on leave of absence. I called the employee absence hot line everyday that I was absence until I got my medical leave of absence paperwork from them. My absence was due to Acute Bronchitis with an Asthma attack. Yes, I sought medical attention, my doctor’s address is above in this letter, and the phone number is (248)440-2189. Yes, the employer wanted medical leave of absence paperwork filled out and Dept. of Labor FMLA leave paperwork filled out. Dr. Antone didn’t think that my illness was as serious as to warrant this kind of paperwork, so she gave me a doctor’s note filled out on her letterhead and signed and dated it, which my employer refused to take. I went back to Dr. Antone’s office and asked them to fill out the paperwork again and this was the next day on 29 June 2007. She was out of the office on 2-4 July 2007 for the holiday. I called on Monday, 2 July and on Tuesday, 3 July 2007. On Tuesday was told she was out of the office until Thursday, 5 July 2007. I called 5 July 2007 and spoke to her directly and she told me that she had no idea that my paperwork was there and that she would do it first thing in the morning on Friday. 6 July 2007. Yes, if you were out for more than three days that you had to go on medical leave, I complied with that, but because my Dr. was out of town for the holiday, I was told that I got my paperwork in too late and they refused it. I have all of the paperwork and I am enclosing copies of it.


So, what do you think????

Labels: