Monday, November 06, 2006

Tomorrow Is Election Day

In Michigan, tomorrow is election day for Governor and mid term senate seats. At this point I am sick of campaign commercials on T.V and I worked for the challenger for the Governor's job. But they are in full swing attack mode. It will be close and it will come down to election day. I will be glad when it is over honestly.

I think that Michigan needs a change because if things keep going the way they have been since I've been here, there will be no Michigan soon. Jobs are leaving by the thousands and so are Michigan people to find jobs in other states. At one point Michigan was booming because of the Big 3 auto makers, but now they are all in trouble and laying off people or buying contracts out. Ford is sending jobs to Mexico and cutting production in the US. They have just announced that they are limiting the number of Mustangs that they will produce and just eliminating a couple of their best selling product lines. I am not sure what they hope to accomplish with that.

Jobs in this state are scarce. I am lucky that I found a part time job even though at the moment I hate my job. But I am hoping that it gets better soon. I can't believe that it is November already. Dougs birthday is this Saturday and because he has to work, we are going to dinner with the family on Friday night. I think we are going to Red, Hot & Blue. It is a BBQ place and has great food. Doug and I went there together when I was craving some southern type food. I am looking forward to it.

This Friday is my first paycheck. Just in time for Doug's birthday. I am looking forward to that too. Finally money.... Yay!!! I think this is about it.... Ciao.....