Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Last Night

Last night the CMA's (Country Music Awards) were on T.V. I like country music. And they are usually fun to watch because so many of the artists have such great reactions to winning awards. The show in itself was pretty good, only a few missed cues and such. There were a couple of instances where the presenters couldn't read the teleprompters. But all in all a pretty good night technically speaking. Kimberly Williams~Paisley (Brad Paisley's wife) had an issue and she had a great excuse: " One of the side effects of my pregnancy is that I am blind now. I am knocked up and blind." That got a huge laugh from everyone.

Usually the fashions are great, but last night for some reason there were some serious mishaps. The Wreckers (Michelle Branch & Jessica Harp) sang their hit Leave the pieces. Michelle was sporting an outfit from the 60's and looked like she was trying to channel Cher from that time period. Honey, the 60's are over, move on. Jessica Harp had on a normal outfit with the exception of trailer trash red lipstick. You know the shade you would find on the nearest hooker on a street corner. She is a pale blond girl with blue eyes, not exactly the best color for her.

Sara Evans who we all know is going through a nasty divorce battle, was there and performed her song Real Fine Place to Start. Usually, I look forward to Sara because she has great taste in clothes. Her top was kind of a hybrid corset (brown) over a flowy type sheer blouse, also brown. I couldn't figure it out and she looked like she forgot to brush her hair. It wasn't a sexy just got out of bed style it was a nasty I haven't brushed my hair in days tangled style.

And this brings me to my last comment. Barbara Mandrell was on hand to present the award for Entertainer of the Year. Her dress looked like she just stepped from Gone With the Wind. And not in a good way. It was black, all of it was black. Doug had said when he saw her " Tara is missing you". Normally she has such great taste. I don't know what happened. I am not sure of they all took some seriously bad wardrobe advice or if they did that on purpose.

So, that was what I did last night...... Ciao.