Saturday, November 04, 2006

Feeling Better.....

Last night we went to dinner here. It was good. I had been wanting a burger for a while and this place has some of the best here in Michigan. And my stomach held on to it. Yay!!!! Yeah, I am up at 4:17 AM again. Usually though I am up at this time anyway. It was cold yesterday and I watched snow fall. Not a lot, but enough. We had to wait until the Direct TV guy showed up to fix the satellite in our room. We had been with out a decent signal for almost a week. The last couple of days were the hardest because I missed some of my favorite shows while I was home.

Doug missed hockey games. That is really bad when that happens. So, we watched a lot of movies. One of my new favorite older movies (does that make sense?) is Basic with John Travolta. Normally I am not a huge Vinnie Barbarino fan, although I loved him in that role. I just have issues with people who are that close with Oprah. I mean at one point Tom Cruise was and look at him.

But I really enjoyed that movie. It was action and suspense and mystery all rolled in to one movie. I like movies like that. Speaking of which, the Da Vinci Code is coming out on DVD soon and I can't wait. I may have to go and buy it for myself. I loved that movie and the book is great. They are making Angels & Demons into a movie as well and I can't wait to see that as well. I know yadda, yadda, yadda, look, it was meant as a work of Fiction people. Get a grip. No where in the books does it say that this story is 100% true. He took elements that actually exist such as Opius Dei and added them to his fictional story. Oh and of course the places that the book takes place are real as well.... If you haven't read it, it is a good read. read it before you see the movie and it will make a lot more sense because of the background in the book.

I was not a fan of Tom Hanks playing Robert Landon, but he did a good job. I mean Tom Hanks isn't who I think of when there is a lot of action in a movie. But he did really well... I think that is all for me.... Have a great Saturday all..... Ciao.....