Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Reading...

I couldn't sleep earlier so I was online reading blogs and catching up on blogs that I haven't gotten to in a while. While I was online I stumbled upon my blog from a former screen name. It was from 2005. I read the whole blog and was amazed at how different my life is now. I was so sad and miserable back then. I was looking for love everywhere and to people that I knew couldn't give me what I so desperately needed.

I know that life is my former life as I call it. My former unhappy life. So much changes in a year. We don't realize it because we are so involved in the day to day stuff that we lose sight of the whole picture. Well, tonight/this morning, I saw the whole picture of my former life and the life I lead now.

Sometimes in the day to day we get bogged down in so much garbage. Stuff that we think is so important and it turns out to be not that important after all. I know that I sometimes lose sight of my blessings in my life. And even though I try not to , I still do. It is human nature.

Sometimes it is good to step back and look at the big picture. You just might see how far you've come and be surprised. I know I was when I was reading that other blog. I was surprised how much my thinking has changed. And how much my emotional health has changed for the better.

Sometimes, looking back isn't all that bad. You just have to realize that you can't live in the past.