Friday, October 27, 2006

An Interesting Question....

A few days ago, someone that I talk to occasionally asked me why I blog. A good question actually. I have been thinking about that question since. This is kind of a difficult question to answer because there are so many answers to it. The obvious one is because I have things to say.

But upon deeper thought about it, I guess for me it is because I have a lot that has happened to me in my life and I want others who are going through something like I have to know that they are not alone. That there are those who understand. And can help.

But another answer for me is that I love to write. It may not be poetry. I have so much going on in my head that if I don't get some of it out it will drive me nuts...I have awaken in the middle of the night with ideas for posts or right before I drift off to sleep, I will be thinking of a post I want to do.

This allows me to be creative with out being extremely talented. I don't paint, I don't draw, I don't sculpt, I write. Even as a girl in school, I loved reading and writing. I was quite literally an English teacher's dream. I read very quickly with near 100% comprehension. I have a semi~photographic memory.

I can read a book a day without trying. I am not an artistic soul. I know this. But I love to write and tell stories and talk about things that happen to me. My blog is a place where people and myself get to know me. I want it to be friendly and warm. Somewhere where you come and are comfortable.

I like sharing my experiences in life, although most are violent. But that is changing now. I love talking about books that I have read and movies that I have seen. Although we don't go to movies often. I watch them on T.V when they come on satellite.

I write like I talk. Which is just what I do. Sometimes I speak with more profanity. I try to keep that out of my blog unless I am really disturbed by something because I never know who will stumble upon my blog. So, I try to keep it PG. Sometimes PG~13.

I am a woman who in life's travels have picked up a lot of valuable information. And I like to share. This is why I blog..... What is your reason??