Sunday, October 15, 2006

In 3 Days ....

In three days it will be my one year anniversary since I have been in Michigan. This is a huge accomplishment for me because a year ago I took a flying leap of faith and left my home in Florida and everything and everyone that I knew to follow my heart. By nature, I am not a big risk taker I anylize thing to death sometimes. But not this time. Why the change? I honestly don't know.

I do know that I was fed up with the Warden and his parents from hell and my Drama Queen from hell as well. To be honest, I figured it couldn't get any worse where I was going then where I had been. And I am happy to report I was right.

Things here and now are great. I am in a healthy relationship for the frirst time ever and while it has taken me a better part of a year to realize this, I am better off here. My stress level is almost non existant and I don't worry about sleeping anymore.

I love Doug and I know that he with out a doubt loves me as well. We have our off days like anyone else, but we also cherish every moment we have together and we talk.

I miss my kids. But I know that I am on the way to recovery and as a happy healthy mom I am better for my kids in the long run. And as a happy person I am better for them too.

I can finally say that I am happy. And it feels great to be able to say that and totally mean it. I am happy :)