Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Bit About My Past....

As most of you know I moved to Michigan from Florida a little over a year ago. I know that I have been vague as to my motivation to do such a thing. Well, mostly the reason is due to betrayal and abuse.

When I was 17 I married my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. I was pregnant when I did so. I kind of regret doing that, but then I wouldn't be the person who is blogging here before you today. Now, the relationship between us before we got married was good. No abuse or anything, he didn't even raise his voice to me. But after we married, it was open season on me. I was trying to finish my senior year in highschool and be a wife at the same time. Not easy really, especially with no experience in the wife department. But I guess I wasn't good enough and before long he started beating me.

This marriage lasted a year and a half. I left him. In Florida at this time there were no stalker laws. He was literally calling me like 13-20 times a day asking me out on dates and so forth. I stood my ground though and we were divorced in May of 94.

I met the Warden (the next contestant on who will abuse me) in June of 94. I was pregnant by November. Now mind you I wanted this at the time and my son was born in September of 95. I spent the next 10 years of my life being verbally abused and emotionally abused by the Warden. Not to mention the Drama Queen from Hell telling me to take it and deal with it.

When Doug found me, I was so messed up. So , the person who writes here today, has been through so much. I understand abuse in all forms. I have lived it. I didn't write this post for pity or sympathy. It is now a part of my life. It has made me into who I am today.

I am so much better since Doug found me. He has helped me in ways I can't explain. I am such a better person for going through the things I have gone through. Doug said something that made sense to me. He asked me if I knew how they made swords. Yes, they heat the metal up and pound the metal into shape and re heat it and pound on it some more. Well, I look at all the abuse I have suffered as the heat to make me a stronger person. And I truly believe that God doesn't give you anything to deal with that you can not handle. I am living proof of it.